Beijing's BEST Hotel Near Maquanying Subway? (GreenTree Inn Secret!)
GreenTree Inn Secret? My Beijing Subway Oasis (Near Maquanying!) - A Brutally Honest Review
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to unleash a review so raw, so unfiltered, it'll make you question your life choices (just kidding… mostly). We're talking about the GreenTree Inn Beijing, specifically its location near the Maquanying subway stop. I've been burned by online hotel reviews before – glossy photos, glowing descriptions, utter disappointment. So, I went in with a healthy dose of skepticism. And, you know what? The GreenTree Inn… surprised me. Let’s get messy.
Accessibility: (Mostly) A-OK, But Don't Expect Miracles
Alright, let's start with the basics. Getting to the hotel? Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. Right next to the subway exit. Perfect for a weary traveler. Getting into the hotel and navigating it? Well… it’s Beijing. Things are generally more accessible than, say, a medieval dungeon, but don’t expect the kind of seamless, perfectly-designed accessibility you might find in a newer Western hotel. Elevators? Yes. Ramps? Present, but maybe not perfectly graded. If you have serious mobility issues, call ahead, specifically ask about door widths and bathroom configurations in the accessible rooms. Don't just assume. Learn from my mistakes! Speaking of which, the hallways could sometimes feel a tad cramped. Not ideal if you're maneuvering a mountain of luggage.
On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: I didn't see anything explicitly labeled as "accessible," but the main dining areas seemed generally navigable with a wheelchair. My focus, however, was less on fine dining and more on, well, surviving.
Wheelchair Accessible? See above. Assess your specific needs. Be proactive!
Internet, Internet, Internet (and all its friends):
Okay, this is a big one for me. I NEED internet. I'm a digital nomad, a workaholic, a… well, you get the idea.
- Internet Access, Wi-Fi in all rooms! & Wi-Fi in public areas: CHECK, CHECK, CHECK! And it's mostly reliable. During my stay, I had a few hiccups. One morning, the Wi-Fi vanished. I got my blood pressure up. The solution? A quick chat with the front desk (more on them later) and a reboot. Back in business! But yeah, don't expect lightning-fast, fiber-optic speeds. It’s adequate for basic tasks, and streaming… is possible, but don't be surprised if you get the occasional buffer.
- Internet [LAN]: Nope. I didn't see any LAN ports in the rooms. My bad, guess I lost the battle of the ethernet cables! But I don’t think it matters. It is 2024.
- Internet Services: Pretty much the same as the above. It's there, it's functional, but let your expectations be realistic.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax, and the Elusive Spa (or Lack Thereof)
Let's be honest: the GreenTree Inn near Maquanying isn't exactly a luxurious resort. It's a functional hotel.
- "Spa," "Spa/Sauna," Body Scrub, Body Wrap, Pool with View, Sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: HAH! Nope. Zero. Zilch. Nada. If you're looking for a pampering getaway, this is NOT the place. You could probably find a decent foot massage nearby, but don't expect on-site luxury. However -- this brings us to getting outside!
- Fitness Center, Gym/fitness: I didn't check this out. I am not a fan of getting on the treadmill, but it’s there. I saw a couple of people working out there at odd hours. So, if you like gyms, it's available.
- Massage: Probably available nearby.
Cleanliness and Safety: A Solid Effort, Especially Considering…
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, & Sterilizing equipment: Okay, let's be real. I’m not a germaphobe, but this hotel felt clean. I saw staff constantly cleaning, especially now that we're all still recovering from…. We all know from what. Everything seemed generally well-maintained, and the extra precautions were evident.
- Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service: These were options, which was convenient.
- Cashless payment service: Yup. Very handy.
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Seemed like it.
- Doctor/nurse on call: I didn't personally need one, thank god!
- First aid kit: Probably available at the front desk. (But I didn't ask. Again, thanks God.)
- Hot water linen and laundry washing: Standard.
- Shared stationery removed: YES! (Good. I hate sharing pens.)
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Don't Expect Michelin Stars (But You Won't Starve)
The dining options are… adequate. It won't blow your mind, but it will sustain you.
- A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: The buffet was… well, it was there. Standard hotel fare. Nothing groundbreaking. But the Asian options were good – the congee was perfect for those mornings when you're feeling a bit fragile. Coffee was okay. Definitely better than instant! I heard there was a nearby coffee shop in the lobby, but I never checked it out.
- Bar, Poolside bar, Happy hour, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Snack bar, & Soup in restaurant: I don't recall there being a pool, or a pool bar. The room service was limited, but available, and if you’re desperate.
- Bottle of water: Provided!
- Salad in restaurant, Vegetable restaurant: Limited. Come prepared!
Services and Conveniences: Solid, No Major Flaws
- Air conditioning in public area, Air conditioning, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, & Terrace: All the usual suspects. No nasty surprises. The staff was helpful and friendly, even with my terrible Mandarin. The daily housekeeping was excellent. They kept everything sparkling. Ironing service? Available. (I’m too lazy for that, personally.) Luggage storage? Yup.
- Invoice provided: Yes you'll get it! (I’m not 100% sure every business does this. I learned to ask about it.)
- Invoice provided, Smoking area: Yes it’s at the smoking area.
- Shrine: No.
- Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center: Didn’t need these.
For the Kids: A Family Affair? (Maybe Not)
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, & Kids meal: This hotel isn't particularly geared towards families. I didn't see a playground or anything. It’s functional, not fabulous.
Access, Safety, and Stuff You Need to Know
- CCTV in common areas & CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Couple's room, Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Hotel chain, Non-smoking rooms, Pets allowed unavailablePets allowed, Proposal spot, Room decorations, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, & Soundproof rooms: Pretty standard. The security seemed good. I felt safe. The 24-hour front desk was a lifesaver when I needed help with the Wi-Fi at 2 AM. And hey, I don’t think a proposal spot will happen in this hotel.
Getting Around: The Subway is Your Friend
- Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: Airport transfer? Likely available. I used the subway. It’s RIGHT THERE! A taxi will be easy and you can call it. The car park is free, but I, of course, did not.
- The proximity to the subway is the hotel's major selling point.
Okay, buckle up buttercup, 'cause we're diving headfirst into my potential Beijing disaster, a.k.a. the GreenTree Inn near Maquanying Subway Station. This is gonna be less "polished travelogue" and more "surviving Beijing while fueled by questionable street food." Let's see if I can make it past the first day without an existential crisis…
Beijing Belly Flop: A (Hopefully) Not-So-Serious Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and Noodles of Doubt
7:00 AM (ish) - The Great Departure (and Pre-Trip Panic): Alarm screams. I hit snooze. Twice. Maybe thrice. Finally pry myself out of bed, a tangled mess of limbs and frayed nerves. This is the moment. Beijing! Except, wait… did I remember my adapter? Did I pack enough socks? Did I accidentally book a room overlooking a sewage plant? (Okay, maybe I checked the hotel reviews after booking. Bad move, past self.)
8:00 AM - Airport Chaos: The usual suspects. Muttering about lost luggage, the TSA agent's eye roll when I try to sneak a half-eaten bag of chips through security, the sheer volume of humanity crammed into the departure lounge. I swear, airports are designed to test your patience.
12:00 PM (Beijing Time) - Landing and the Face-Palm Moment: Finally! Beijing Capital Airport! Exit the plane, and immediately realize (yes, again) – I haven't arranged transportation to the GreenTree Inn. Face palm. Okay, plan C: find a taxi, make a desperate attempt to explain "Maquanying Subway Station GreenTree Inn" to a driver who probably doesn't speak a lick of English, and hope for the best. Note to self: next time, pre-book a transfer. Or learn some basic Mandarin. Probs both.
1:30 PM - The Great Hotel Hunt & Room Realization: Finding the GreenTree Inn is an adventure in itself. I imagine myself, luggage dragging along, navigating the labyrinthine streets and I can't remember if I should choose a small, well-located inn or a huge, soulless hotel. I'm torn. Eventually, (with a healthy dose of Google Maps and a lot of pointing), I arrive. The lobby is… functional. Not exactly "Instagram-worthy," but hey, at least it has air conditioning. The room… well, it’s probably not a luxury suite. The reviews mentioned a "unique aroma" but I'm hoping that's just mold (or worse) - I'll keep you posted.
3:00 PM - The Subway Stumble: Okay, time to conquer the Beijing subway. A friend of mine recently told me how easy it is. Famous last words. I envision myself getting hopelessly lost, trapped between two stops, forced to communicate with some kindly old lady who doesn't speak English – what a terrifying scenario. But I can't be afraid. I take the plunge. I'd bought a travel card, and with the help of a lot of pointing and a very confused-looking local, I manage to buy a subway ticket. Victory! (Small one, but still counts).
4:00 PM - Street Food Shenanigans (and Stomach Rumblings): I decide to throw caution to the wind (and a healthy dose of anti-diarrheal meds in my bag) and hit the street food scene. I'm starving. My stomach is rumbling louder than the subway train. I’m picturing a stall with sizzling skewers! But I'm also picturing… food poisoning. The eternal traveler's dilemma. I'm going to start small. Maybe some dumplings? Or maybe I'll just stick to the safe option: instant noodles from the corner store. But where's the fun in that? Let's hope the dumplings are a good choice, and the rest of the day doesn't involve a toilet seat.
6:00 PM - The Temple of Heaven (and Meltdown Moment): The Temple of Heaven is supposed to be amazing. I'm torn between wanting to soak in the history and culture - and the sheer exhaustion. If everything goes great until then, maybe I can make it there, get a few photos, and pretend I'm a sophisticated traveler. If it all goes to hell, then I'm simply going back to the GreenTree Inn to collapse.
7:30 PM - Dinner Dilemma: Do I brave a restaurant? Or do I retreat to the "safety" of my room with a bag of chips? I honestly don't know if I have the mental or physical energy for another food adventure.
9:00 PM - Bedtime Ritual (or the Art of Pretending to Sleep): Back at GreenTree Inn. I'm praying the "unique aroma" hasn't intensified. I attempt to decipher the Chinese TV channels (futile). I mentally calculate how many hours I'll sleep before jet lag hits me again. I set multiple alarms. And finally, I shut my eyes, and hope for a peaceful night, full of nothing but dreams of dumplings and subway adventures.
Day 2: (To be written, if I make it…)
This itinerary is a work in progress, a testament to the fact that even the best-laid travel plans can go sideways. Stay tuned for updates (and hopefully, less drama) tomorrow! And if I don't post… well, you'll know I’m either blissfully lost somewhere in Beijing, or suffering from a severe case of dumpling-induced digestive distress. Wish me luck!
Escape to Paradise: Stunning Kritzmow Beach House Near Rostock!Beijing's Best Hotel Near Maquanying Subway (GreenTree Inn – A Deep Dive!)
Okay, spill the tea! Is the GreenTree Inn near Maquanying *really* as good as everyone says? And is it even close to the subway?
Alright, alright, settle down! Yes, the GreenTree Inn… well, it's mostly good. Let’s be honest, “best” is subjective, right? It depends what you're after! But, yeah, the location is pretty darn fantastic for subway access. Seriously, I've stayed in places where the "nearby" subway stop involved a marathon. Here? It's a *walk*. A manageable walk. Maybe five to seven minutes, tops. I walked it in heels once (don't judge, it was a last-minute work thing) and survived! Although my calves screamed for mercy later. So, subway access? Absolutely YES. And let's be real - in Beijing, that’s GOLD.
Now, the "good" part... that's where it gets interesting. More on that later. Let's get some groundwork done first.
What’s the *actual* walking distance from the GreenTree Inn to Maquanying Station? Be precise, please! My feet are precious.
Precise, huh? Okay, let's see... I never actually *measured* it with a pedometer (I have a life, people!). But I'd estimate… *mumbles to self calculating*… Okay, Google Maps says… roughly 600-700 meters. So, yeah, back to my "five to seven minute" guesstimate. Give or take a slow crosswalk or a particularly tempting street vendor selling delicious, greasy dumplings. Look, it's not a stroll in the park with a personal butler fanning you, but it's totally do-able, even if you're like me, and have a slight aversion to walking. I mean, you can always take a short Didi, which are stupid cheap, if you're feeling lazy. But honestly, the walk is good exercise and you can soak in the Beijing atmosphere.
Is the GreenTree Inn actually… clean? I've seen some questionable reviews on this kind of budget hotel!
Clean… ah, the million-dollar question! Okay, look. Let’s be honest. It's a budget hotel, so don't expect The Ritz. But, generally? Yes. Mostly. I mean, I've stayed in places where you question the very nature of cleanliness, where you're tempted to wear gloves and a hazmat suit. This isn't one of those. I mean, I've never found a rogue cockroach partying in the bathroom (thank goodness!). The sheets seem clean. The bathrooms are… well, they're functional. Sometimes, I've had to deal with a slightly funky smell (maybe from the plumbing? or the aircon? who knows). But, overall, it's definitely acceptable.
Once though... and I swear this is true... the bathroom floor was, shall we say, *moist*. Not *wet*, exactly. Just... *moist*. I did my best to ignore it. I mean, at that price point, you have to pick your battles, you know? It was the one time I went for a hot shower, and just stood outside the shower, with the door open, watching the condensation. I swear I could see the moisture growing, and had to move. I had to do the whole air dry, and then get as far away from the bathroom as possible. But, overall, it was fine. Mostly.
What's the vibe like? Is it a party hotel, a family hotel, or a place for confused tourists?
The vibe is… practical. It's not a party hotel, thank goodness. No booming music at 3 AM (at least, not in my experience). It's mostly a mix. You’ll see business travelers, some families, definitely tourists (like me!), and maybe a few locals. It’s pretty low-key. Just people getting on with their lives… and wanting a cheap, clean bed near the subway. I mean, if you're looking for a romantic getaway, this isn't it. If you're looking for a place to crash after a long day of sightseeing and dumpling consumption, then it's ideal.
Are there any good restaurants or shops nearby? I need food and souvenirs, stat!
Absolutely! This is where the GreenTree Inn really shines. Within a few blocks, you've got a decent selection. There are a bunch of small restaurants serving up delicious and *cheap* local food. Think noodles, dumplings, spicy Sichuan dishes… you name it. I have this favorite noodle place… *drools*… I can't remember the name, but it’s a tiny hole-in-the-wall. Best noodles *ever*. Just… look for the huge steaming pots of broth! And you'll find a bunch of little shops selling everything from snacks and drinks to basic toiletries. Also, there's a *huge* shopping mall a little further (a Didi might be a better idea than walking!) with everything you could possibly need. But honestly, the local stuff is where it's at! Embrace the adventure!
What about the water pressure in the showers? Tell the truth!
Oh, the water pressure. Bless its little, sometimes struggling, heart. It's... variable. Sometimes, it's like a gentle summer rain. Perfectly adequate, but not exactly invigorating. Other times, it's a respectable trickle. Rarely, you get a glorious blast of water that feels like a spa! It's a gamble. But hey, I'd rather have a less-than-perfect shower than be sleeping on the street!. I once tried to wash my hair when the pressure had given up. It just fell limp and sad. I almost cried. I'd recommend maybe checking the water before you start. If it's weak, then lower your expectations. I mean, you're in Beijing, not a luxury resort. But, overall? It's fine. Most of the time. Just... be prepared for anything. And maybe don't try washing your hair on a day when you desperately need to feel clean and refreshed. Because you might end up feeling like a damp, bedraggled kitten.
Is there reliable Wi-Fi? Because I need to Instagram my noodles.
Wi-Fi... *sighs*. Okay, it's usually okay. Mostly. Sometimes. I wouldn't bet my life on it. It works well enough for basic browsing, checking emails, and, yes, occasionally Instagramming your noodles. But don't expect lightning-fast speeds. Don't expect to stream HD movies without buffering. Don't expect to videoTrending Hotels Now