Unbelievable Moab Getaway: Inca Inn's Secret Revealed!
Unbelievable Moab Getaway: Inca Inn's Secret Revealed! (…and My Unfiltered Thoughts)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I’m about to spill some serious tea about the Inca Inn in Moab. This ain't your grandma's sanitized hotel review; this is real – the good, the bad, the frankly bewildering. And believe me, Moab in general? It’s a vibe. Pre-trip, I was envisioning rugged landscapes, epic hikes, and maybe, just maybe, a chance to finally tame that pesky fear of heights. Let's just say the Inca Inn became a surprisingly integral part of that whole experience, in ways I definitely didn't anticipate.
SEO & Metadata? Let's Do This:
- Keywords: Moab, Inca Inn, Hotel Review, Accessibility, Spa, Pool, Restaurant, Adventure Travel, Utah, Canyonlands, Arches National Park, Wheelchair Accessible, Free Wi-Fi, Fitness Center, Dining, Family-Friendly, Non-Smoking, Airport Transfer, Moab Hotels
- Meta Description: An honest, hilarious, and detailed review of the Inca Inn in Moab, Utah. Discover the good, the bad, and the surprisingly quirky aspects, from accessible features to the spa, dining and beyond. Plan your Moab adventure with this no-holds-barred guide!
First Impressions (and a Little Panic)
Pulling up to the Inca Inn, I will admit, my first thought was, "Okay, this is… different." It's got this vaguely Southwest aesthetic, like a modern adobe but, you know, on a slightly larger scale. Check-in was surprisingly smooth, which was a relief because I was hangry. And let’s be honest, the drive to Moab is breathtaking, but it also leaves you feeling like you've been pulverized by beauty.
Accessibility – The Good, The Goodish, and the "Could Be Better"
Here's where things get serious, because accessibility is a huge deal. The Inca Inn tries to be inclusive, and that's commendable. There are rooms specifically designed for wheelchair users (I didn't need one, but peeped one during a 'nosey neighbor' tour). Things like elevators (yes!), ramps, and accessible bathrooms are in place, which is a massive plus.
However, and this is a big however, the overall feel wasn't seamlessly accessible. Getting around the outdoor areas, like the pool area, felt a little clunky in parts. The paths weren't always the smoothest, and there weren't always clear, easy-to-navigate routes. They claim to have this access, but it felt more like they were "checking a box" rather than making it a truly inclusive experience. But hey, I'm not in a wheelchair, so take that with a grain of salt.
- Accessibility Score: 7/10 (Good effort, but room for improvement in the details!)
Rooms: My Sanctuary (or at Least, a Comfortable Basecamp)
My room? Clean. Seriously, the cleanliness was top-notch. And the staff were very professional and friendly. Oh, and the free Wi-Fi? A lifesaver. Because, let's face it, you need to upload those epic sunset shots. I had a comfy bed, black out curtains, a desk to actually work at, if I needed to.
The in-room amenities were decent: mini-fridge (essential for keeping those post-hike beers cold!), coffee maker, and a decent-sized bathroom with a separate shower and tub. Now, I'm not a luxury spa aficionado, but I appreciated the little details – the plush bathrobes, the good quality toiletries.
- On-Site Accessibility: Okay, but requires a bit of navigating.
- Room Score: 8/10 (Clean, comfortable, and a haven after a day of exploring)
The "Things to Do" – (And the Unexpected Spa Bliss)
Moab is, obviously, all about the things to do. Hiking, biking, canyoneering… the whole shebang. But guess who was secretly craving a little relaxation? Yup, yours truly.
The Inca Inn boasts a spa, and I figured, "Why not?" Now, let me tell you, the spa experience was pure, unadulterated bliss. I booked a massage and a body wrap, convinced I’d roll out of there looking like a glistening, perfectly pruned raisin.
Spa: Amazing massage! (Okay, I admit I fell asleep. Twice.) The body wrap was… interesting. Let's just say I felt like a beautifully wrapped burrito.
Fitness Center: I peeked in. Looked… functional? I think some of the equipment was a bit… seasoned. Okay, almost antique. But hey, you're in Moab – go hike!
Pool with a View: Okay, the pool was lovely. The view wasn’t particularly stunning—more of a nice-enough backdrop—but it was still a welcome escape from the desert heat.
Things to Do Score: Great for exploration and some down-time.
Foodie Adventures – Mostly Good Eats, with a Few Quirks
The Inca Inn offered several dining options.
- Restaurants: The main restaurant served a variety of cuisines. The Asian-inspired dishes were actually pretty impressive, especially the noodle dishes and the sushi. The Western cuisine was solid as a basic. The breakfast buffet? Pretty standard, but the coffee was good. Always a win.
- Poolside Bar: Perfect for a post-hike margarita (or two).
- Snack Bar: Convenient for a quick bite.
BUT… and this is where things get a little weird… there was a definite lack of "wow" factor. The food was good, but not exceptional. Also, the service could be a bit… slow. I mean, I was on vacation, so I didn't mind the extra leisurely pace, but if you're in a rush, plan accordingly.
- Dining Score: 7/10 (Decent, but could be more exciting.)
Cleanliness & Safety: A Reassuring Presence
In these post-COVID times, cleanliness is paramount. The Inca Inn clearly takes this seriously. Hand sanitizer stations were everywhere. The rooms were impeccably clean. They had all those little measures in place – individually wrapped food options, daily disinfection in common areas, room sanitization, etc. Made me feel safe and at ease.
- Cleanliness Score: 9/10 (Seriously impressive)
- Staff Training: excellent and safe protocols
Services & Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter
The Inca Inn offered a ton of standard services:
Front Desk: 24-hour.
Concierge: Helpful and knowledgeable.
Laundry Service: Convenient.
Luggage Storage: Perfect if you arrive before check-in time.
Free Car Park: Yeah!
Pets allowed: The Inca inn is not pet friendly.
Services & Conveniences Score: 8/10 (They've got you covered.)
For the Kiddos (and the Inner Child)
I don't travel with kids, but I did see some families and, let me tell you, they seemed happy. The Inca Inn had a kid's menu in the restaurants.
- Family-Friendly Score: 8/10.
Getting Around:
The Inca Inn offers airport transfer and taxi service.
- Transportation: 8/10.
Overall Verdict: Worth the Trek?
So, is the Inca Inn the perfect Moab hotel? Nope. But it’s a solid choice. The location is convenient, the rooms are comfortable, and the spa is fantastic. The cleanliness is a major plus, and the staff are generally helpful.
Here's the thing: Moab is all about the experience. You're not coming here to hole up in your hotel room. You're coming to hike, explore, and unleash your inner adventurer. The Inca Inn provides a comfortable, clean, and convenient basecamp for that adventure. And at the end of a long day, when you’re covered in dust and your muscles are screaming, a good bed, a hot shower, and a decent cocktail are exactly what you need. Would I go back? Absolutely. Would I recommend it? Definitely. Overall Score: 8/10 (Highly recommended for adventurers seeking comfort and convenience)
The Quirkiest Takeaway: Okay, the most memorable thing? The tiny, almost-hidden shrine in the garden. Seriously, it was this little, slightly random collection of statues and trinkets. It made me pause and really wonder about the owners. You know there's a story there. Maybe next time I'll actually ask.
So, that’s the Inca Inn, warts and all! Go, explore, and have an adventure! You won't regret it…
Escape to Paradise: Stunning Gaegelow Beach Apartment Awaits!Okay, buckle up, buttercup. We're going to Moab. And let me tell you, this isn't going to be your perfectly polished, Instagram-ready itinerary. This is REAL. This is me, in Moab, probably covered in dirt, sunburned, and fueled by questionable gas station coffee. Here we go…
Moab Mayhem: An Itinerary (More Like a Plea for Survival)
Day 1: Arrival & the Great Canyon Crave (and the Great Forgetfulness)
- 1:00 PM: Arrive in Moab. (Finally!) That drive? Brutal. The endless desert highway, the sun beating down… I swear, I saw a mirage that looked suspiciously like a giant ice cream cone. Anyway, we (me, my partner, and the perpetually grumpy cat, Mittens – don't ask) are at the Inca Inn. It's… quaint. Quaint is code for "slightly dated but charming, in a, 'well, we're here, might as well unpack and assess the damage' sort of way."* Check-in, breathe, and… where did I put the sunscreen? My brain's already fried.
- 2:00 PM: Canyonlands National Park - Island in the Sky. Ok, this is the big one. Driving up to the first viewpoint, Mesa Arch. And whoa. Just…whoa. The scale of it is mind-blowing. That sunrise photo everyone gushes about online? It's WORTH the early call time. And okay, maybe I did cry a little (don't judge – I'm sentimental). Then we did a very short hike to Mesa Arch. Turns out, I am not cut out for the 'boulder hopping' stuff. Almost ate it more than once. My partner, meanwhile, was happily snapping away, probably judging my (lack of) grace.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner at Milt's Stop & Eat. Classic diner, greasy burgers, fries that are basically pure potato heaven. Needed that fuel after the early morning and the emotionally taxing canyon vistas. Feeling the exhaustion – and the impending sunburn.
- 7:30 PM: Stargazing (Attempted). Okay, the whole point of being out here is for that stargazing. Sadly, the Moab sky is not the blackest sky in the world, but it is far from the city's bright lights. I'm pretty sure I saw a shooting star. I'm not sure (I've tried counting, but I've given up in frustration). Just…wow. Space is beautiful, and I was almost serene.
Day 2: River Rocks & a Touch of Terror (and a Lot of Water)
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast at the Inca Inn. (Free continental, I guess) Grabbed my coffee, ate my muffin, and thought about what the day would bring.
- 9:00 AM: Colorado River Rafting (Half-Day). This is where it got interesting. We booked a relatively "mild" rafting trip. "Mild" is a relative term. Those rapids? They were a BLAST! My partner and I screamed and laughed until our throats were raw. Mittens, however, was not invited as she is terrified of water. The views from the river are unlike anything else. It was all amazing until…I fell in. (Clumsy, I am). The icy water slammed into me, and all I could think was "I'm going to die in the Colorado River, right next to the "mild" rapids". I got back to the boat, shivering and slightly traumatized.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch & Moab Town Exploration. Grabbed some pizza at a place I can't recall the name of (brain fried again). Wandered around town, bought a t-shirt that was far too expensive, and resisted the urge to buy cowboy boots. My partner (who finds my taste in clothes highly questionable) decided to spend his time at a rock climbing gym. Me? I went back to the hotel to cool down and write this itinerary.
- 3:00 PM: Afternoon rest. I'm seriously considering just lying in the air-conditioned hotel room for the rest of the trip.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner and… a minor crisis? We ate at Pasta Jay's. Absolutely delicious, but there's something about being in a relatively small town with no cell reception that makes everything feel incredibly isolated. I'm not even sure I enjoy my partner's company anymore!
Day 3: Arches National Park & The Longest Hike Ever (and the realization that Moab is hard)
- 7:00 AM: Arches National Park. It's early. So early. Sunrise at Delicate Arch is a MUST. I'm not a morning person. But the light hitting that arch is magical. I'm talking, like, spiritual experience magical. Except for the hordes of people jostling for a good photo spot.
- 8:00 AM: The Delicate Arch Hike. Everyone said, "Oh, it's easy". Lies. All lies. It's uphill, and the sun is already beating down. My legs are screaming. I'm sweating like a pig. I think I saw a hawk laugh at me. I considered turning back. I considered collapsing. But I did it. And, okay, the view from the top is undeniably worth it. But I needed a nap afterward. A long nap.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch and Cooling Down. It's a blazing 100 degrees. Found some ice cream from a little shop to refuel myself.
- 3:00 PM: The Fiery Furnace. Okay, not actually a furnace, but it felt like it.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at a random taco place. Ate so many tacos I can hardly move.
Day 4: Departure (And the Deep Sigh of Relief)
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast and Packing. I'm ready to go. My body is tired. My brain is exhausted. But I did the things. I saw the sights. And, yeah, Moab… it's something else.
- 11:00 AM: Drive away from Moab. That drive back? Longer than it feels on the way in. The memories of Moab? They'll stick with me. The sunburn? Probably too.
Post-Trip Thoughts:
- Bring MORE water than you think you need. Seriously.
- Don't underestimate the sun.
- Prepare for crowds. Moab is popular for a reason.
- Embrace the mess. It's part of the adventure.
- And maybe, just maybe, invest in some better hiking boots.
- I'll be back, Moab. Maybe. After I recover. Maybe.
P.S. Mittens is still judging me from the backseat of the car.
Uncover the Hidden Gem of Sardinia: Albergo Diffuso Mannois Orosei!