Escape to Tuscany: Luxurious Belvilla Villa in Cortona!

Belvilla by OYO Villa i Cocciai Cortona Italy

Belvilla by OYO Villa i Cocciai Cortona Italy

Escape to Tuscany: Luxurious Belvilla Villa in Cortona!

Escape to Tuscany: My Cortona Villa Fiasco… Err, I Mean, Luxurious Belvilla Experience! (Spoiler Alert: It Was Mostly Glorious)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I’m about to spill the Tuscan beans on my recent stay at that oh-so-fancy "Escape to Tuscany: Luxurious Belvilla Villa in Cortona!" thing. I mean, luxurious? Let's just say… there were moments. And those moments are what make a trip, right? Right?!

Metadata (because apparently, robots need this):

  • Title: Escape to Tuscany Review: Belvilla Villa Cortona (Mostly Wonderful!)
  • Keywords: Tuscany, Cortona, Belvilla, Villa, Luxury, Italy, Review, Accessibility, WiFi, Pool, Spa, Restaurants, Cleanliness, Safety, Family-Friendly, Travel, Accommodation, Review, Opinion, Diary, Humorous
  • Description: My honest and hilarious account of staying at a Belvilla villa in Cortona, Tuscany. From the (mostly) luxurious amenities to the slightly chaotic reality, I'm spilling the beans on the good, the bad, and the seriously delicious food. Includes accessibility notes, hilarious observations, and a dive into the spa (bliss!).

Let’s Dive In… (and Probably Get a Little Lost on the Way)

First impressions? Driving up to the villa was… dramatic. You know, the kind of dramatic where you're navigating winding Tuscan roads and praying your GPS isn't leading you straight into a ravine. It almost did. But hey, the view from the top of the hill? Breathtaking. Cue the angels singing, and the instant Instagram post. This was going to be the vacation.

Accessibility (Because I Care, Even If Belvilla Doesn't Show it on their site explicitly):

Okay, listen, I'm not in a wheelchair myself, but I'm aware. And based on the website and some quick searches… this isn't the villa for you. The winding roads getting there, the uneven ancient paving around town, and likely the villa itself (I didn't specifically ask, I was too busy giddily unpacking) made it pretty clear this wasn't going to be a party for anyone with mobility issues. There's no mention on belvilla's website of any specifically accessible features. This lack of information felt… a little disappointing, let's be honest. Belvilla, *step up your game! *

The Villa Itself - My Own Personal Fortress of Solitude (and Occasional Panic):

  • Available in All Rooms: Yes, sweet relief! Air conditioning (essential!), complimentary tea, a safe box (always a bonus), a hair dryer that actually worked (miracle!), and… hold on… slippers?! Slippers! I could get used to this. There are also extra long beds!
  • Room Features (The Good, The Bad, and the Slightly Confusing): The room was… spacious. Lots of space. Maybe too much space? We were definitely upgrading ourselves to a family friendly villa. It had a lovely balcony, a comfortable seating area. I'm not going to lie, I felt like a minor celebrity. The soundproofing was amazing. The sound of nothing. Absolute bliss. Then there was a mini bar. Bonus points for the daily housekeeping – the little things. The scale was also a feature, which I was probably going to need after all the pasta- and gelato-eating. It felt a bit cold and sterile, TBH, not the super-warm, inviting 'home' feeling I crave. Like a beautiful, but empty shell, you know? The blackout curtains were truly blackout. Maybe too much. I woke up in a panic the first morning, thinking I’d slept through the apocalypse.

Cleanliness and Safety: Seriously, This is Where Belvilla SHINED

Okay. Important stuff. In these times, I was super impressed. They've gone above and beyond! This is where things truly get luxurious. Multiple layers of sanitization. I felt safer than I do in my own house (which, let's be honest, I’ve barely cleaned since 2020). The professional-grade sanitizing services were visible everywhere. And hand sanitizer… everywhere. I probably have cleaner hands than a surgeon, at this point. The staff clearly took training seriously. Daily disinfection in common areas. They even offered room sanitization opt-out which, considering the level of security, seemed a little counter-intuitive. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Individually-wrapped food options? Double check.

  • The Verdict: Cleanliness and safety? A+ Belvilla. You’ve got this down. It made me feel like I could actually relax, and what is a vacation if not that?

Spa, Relaxation, and Stuff That Makes You Go "Ahhhhh":

  • The Spa: This was a big selling point for me. Massage, sauna, spa/sauna, steamroom, and foot baths. I mean, yes, please! Honestly? The masseuse was amazing. Found knots I didn’t even know I had. I spent a solid three hours in the spa, which is my favorite kind of record to break. The pool with a view was, as advertised, breathtaking. The poolside bar… well, let's just say I developed a serious Aperol Spritz habit. The spa was the pinnacle of the trip. The body scrub and wrap was pure indulgence. I floated out of there like a fluffy cloud… after, perhaps, one too many bubbles.
  • The Fitness Center: Now, I didn’t use it. I was on vacation. I think I saw it once, through a very large window, while en route to the pool bar. It looked impressive.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (Where the Real Fun Began):

  • Restaurants, Restaurants, Restaurants: Okay, this is where the Belvilla villa really delivered. Restaurants Everywhere. It was a total smorgasbord of choices. Restaurants that I would happily return to in a heartbeat. The buffet in the restaurant was fantastic, with a wide selection of every kind of food.
  • Food, glorious food! Multiple course meals . I definitely tried the Asian cuisine restaurant, and then, to be fair, the *western cuisine *restaurant*. *Happy hour* was a daily event, fueled by the poolside bar. The Coffee Shop served the best coffee. Room service was available 24-hours, which was both brilliant and dangerous. And the desserts in the restaurant? Sigh… I may or may not have cried with joy. I definitely took advantage of the *bottle of water * that was delivered daily.
  • Breakfast: Breakfast [buffet] was massive. Asian breakfast was also available, but with the western breakfast being amazing (and my weakness), I couldn't bring myself to try it.
  • Things I Didn’t See But They Claimed to Have: Vegetarian restaurant (I'm not, but it's good to know!), salad in restaurant, soup in restaurant

Services and Conveniences - The Little Things That Make a Difference:

  • Concierge: Super helpful, always happy to organise excursions (although I was pretty happy just lounging around). The dry cleaning was a lifesaver (pasta sauce incident). The laundry service was also much-appreciated after my aforementioned food spillage. Daily housekeeping? Yes, please.
  • For Disabled Guests: Facilities for disabled guests: Nothing specifically mentioned on site, and this needs to be improved!
  • Other Stuff: Car park [free of charge], currency exchange, luggage storage, safety deposit boxes. All very functional, all very helpful.

For the Kids (Because, Let's Be Honest, Belvilla Seems to Cater to Them - Though Luckily, I Didn't Have to):

  • Family/child friendly: Yes. Kids facilities are on offer, too. Babysitting service. Honestly, I saw a lot of kids. But hey, everyone was having a good time, and it's a good sign that Family/child friendly. Kids meal as well.

Getting Around (The Very Real Possibility of Getting Very Lost):

  • Car Park [free of charge]: Good. You’ll need a car, though, unless you relish the idea of hiking everywhere (which, in the Tuscan heat, is a hard pass for me).
  • Airport transfer: Available. I didn't use it, but good to know.
  • Taxi service:
Escape to Tuscany: Your Dream Farm Stay Awaits in San Miniato!

Book Now

Belvilla by OYO Villa i Cocciai Cortona Italy

Belvilla by OYO Villa i Cocciai Cortona Italy

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your sanitized, Instagram-perfect itinerary. This is the REAL deal, the messy, glorious, laugh-until-you-spit-wine-out-your-nose journey to Belvilla by OYO Villa i Cocciai in Cortona, Italy. We're talking about a week of Italian sun, questionable decisions, and enough pasta to fuel a small army. Here we go:

Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and a Tiny Terrace Tango

  • 14:00 - Arrival at Florence Airport (FLR). Oh god, the airport. Always a symphony of stressed travelers and lost luggage. Found a taxi. A very charming taxi driver, who regaled me with tales of his ex-wife as he hurtled us closer to Cortona. Seriously, this is Italy, people, prepare for the theatrical.

  • 16:00 - Check-in at Villa i Cocciai. The photo online? Definitely doctored. The villa is…rustic. Let's go with "charmingly aged". My anxiety ratcheted up a notch when I saw the keys. I'm terrible with keys! The view, though? Breathtaking. Overlooking rolling hills, olive groves galore. Suddenly, all is forgiven. Almost.

  • 17:00 - Terrace Reconnaissance. Okay, the terrace. Tiny. Adorable. I immediately tripped over the uneven flagstones. This is how it's going to be, isn't it? Lots of clumsy moments followed by incredible views.

  • 18:00 - Initial Exploration Panic and Aperitivo. Found a tiny shop in Cortona town. A few friendly locals, barely understanding Italian, but still friendly. Grabbing Aperol Spritz. It was delicious, probably the only thing that would keep me sane at this point.

  • 19:00 - Dinner Mishap. Tried making a reservation at a Trattoria that was recommended by a friend. They were full up. Scramble for a back-up. The pizza? Undercooked. The wine, at least, was passable. I'm starting to realize my culinary prowess is…lacking.

  • 21:00 - Bedtime. Collapse into a (slightly lumpy) bed, feeling a mix of exhaustion and pure, unadulterated excitement.

Day 2: Cortona's Charm and a Terrible Translation Mistake

  • 08:00 - Breakfast, Bruschetta, and a Battle with the Coffee Machine. The coffee machine…it's a beast. Finally coaxed a lukewarm, desperately-needed cup of coffee out of it. The bruschetta? perfection.

  • 09:00 - Cortona Town Wander. Cortona is a medieval masterpiece. Cobblestone streets, artisan shops… I got delightfully lost, which I highly recommend. Found a tiny bookstore and bought a novel in Italian. I can barely speak Italian, but I was determined to read it. This will go well, I thought.

  • 11:00 - Uphill Trek to Santuario di Santa Margherita. This climb? Brutal. Worth it. The views from the church were spectacular, but the physical effort nearly killed me.

  • 12:00 - Lunch and a Language Lesson (Disaster). Found a lovely cafe and attempted to order a sandwich. The best translation I could find was "sandwich with ham and cheese" which turned out to be "sandwich with… absolutely nothing." Mortified but still smiling.

  • 14:00 - Siesta Attempt. Failed miserably. The Italian sun is unforgiving, and my brain is still buzzing.

  • 16:00 - Cooking Class (or, the Day I Burned Garlic). Booked a cooking class at a local farm. Sounds idyllic, right? WRONG. I burned the garlic. I somehow managed to mess up a simple tomato sauce. I made pizza, I dropped the pizza. I was ashamed. At least the wine was flowing.

  • 19:00 - Dinner. The instructor took pity on me and made a pizza. It was the best pizza I have ever tasted.

  • 20:00 - Contemplation on the Terrace. The perfect way to ruin the day. Sitting outside, gazing at the stars and pondering my utter lack of cooking skills.

Day 3: Wine, Wine, and More Wine (And a Slightly Questionable Decision)

  • 09:00 - The Day of Wine. Visited a fabulous vineyard. This is what I came to Italy for. Wine tasting, obviously, and it exceeded all expectations.

  • 12:00 - Lunch. The vineyard laid out a beautiful lunch of meats, cheese, and of course, more wine. I was a little tipsy by lunchtime.

  • 14:00 - More Wine.. The vineyard kept providing tasting and chatting and tasting, I was a little tipsy by 3pm.

  • 16:00 - The Great Souvenir Hunt. Okay, maybe a slightly questionable purchase was made at a roadside antique shop. I am now the proud owner of what may or may not be an authentic, slightly chipped, ceramic donkey. Don't judge me.

  • 18:00 - Dinner. Simple dinner for this simple situation.

  • 20:00 - Terrace Again. Drunk and happy on the terrace.

Day 4: Day Trip to Siena (and a Near Miss with a Vespa)

  • 09:00 - Train to Siena. Siena - wow! The Piazza del Campo is stunning, the Duomo is breathtaking. It's a sensory overload, in the best possible way.

  • 12:00 - Lunch in Siena. The food was fantastic. Stuffed pasta and delicious wine.

  • 14:00 - Vespa Near-Death Experience. I tried to rent a Vespa. I failed. I almost took out a group of tourists. Maybe driving a little too fast. I will not be piloting a Vespa, ever.

  • 16:00 - Train back to Cortona.

  • 18:00 - Dinner. A wonderful dinner in our rented villa.

  • 20:00 - Terrace. Time of reflection and a glass of wine.

Day 5: Art, Markets, and a Midnight Snack Attack

  • 10:00 - Visit to the Museo di Cortona. The Etruscan artifacts were fascinating and the paintings were inspiring. It was a nice change of pace from food and drink.

  • 12:00 - Market Madness. Local market. The olives! The cheeses! The chaos! It was a wonderful experience.

  • 14:00 - The most exquisite pasta of my life. It was at Trattoria.

  • 16:00 - A very long afternoon nap. Exhausting myself.

  • 23:00 - Midnight snack attack. No regrets.

Day 6: Relaxation, Preparation, and Saying Goodbye

  • 10:00 - Breakfast. Enjoyed the view.

  • 11:00 - Final explorations. One last stroll through Cortona, soaking up the atmosphere.

  • 14:00 - Farewell dinner. Last trip to a favorite restaurant.

  • 18:00: packing up.

  • 20:00 - Terrace.. One last prosecco.

Day 7: Departure (and a Vow to Return)

  • 08:00 - Pack. Final panicked packing.

  • 10:00 - Check-out. Goodbye, Villa i Cocciai. Goodbye, Cortona.

  • 12:00 - Goodbye airport.

  • 14:00 - Heading home.

This, my friends, is just the beginning. A chaotic, wonderful, and utterly unforgettable start and end. And me? I'm already planning my return. Italia, you steal my heart and my sanity, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Bergerac Dream: Stunning Holiday Home with Private Pool!

Book Now

Belvilla by OYO Villa i Cocciai Cortona Italy

Belvilla by OYO Villa i Cocciai Cortona Italy```html

Escape to Tuscany: Cortona Villa – The Truth (and All the Messy Bits!)

Is this place...*actually* luxurious? Because "luxury" on a website can be, let's be honest, wildly misleading...

Okay, so "luxurious" is a loaded word. I've seen "luxury" in a brochure and walked into a glorified shed. This… this was *better* than a shed. Definitely. Think less gold-plated faucets, more, oh, *Italian charm*. Which, if you're me, is *priceless*.

There's a feeling you get when you open the shutters in the morning and see the Tuscan hills roll out before you. That's a luxury you can't Photoshop. The villa itself? Lovely. Stone walls, terracotta roof, a pool that was actually *swimmable*, unlike that one in Crete that was basically a glorified puddle. (Don't get me started on the algae.) The furniture wasn't ultra-modern, more antique-y-chic. Think your eccentric Aunt Mildred's taste, but in a *good* way. There were a few quirks… a slightly wonky door handle here, a tap that dripped a little there. But honestly? Those imperfections just added to the charm. They reminded you you weren't in some sterile, perfect hotel. You were *living*. Okay, maybe not *living* *like* a Tuscan. More like *visiting* a very well-appointed Tuscan home. But still. Luxurious enough for me. And my inner (slightly stressed) self *needed* that.

What about the pool? Is it actually Instagrammable? (Asking for a friend… ahem…)

Oh, the pool. Yes. Absolutely, unequivocally, *gloriously* Instagrammable. (My friend *loved* it, by the way. She spent a solid week photographing it.) It was that perfect turquoise color, nestled amongst olive trees. The views? Stunning. You could practically *feel* yourself getting more sophisticated just by looking at it. Seriously, I’d like to buy stock in the Tuscan view industry.

The catch? (There's always a catch, isn't there?) It's a pool. Which means you get… *other* people. The first day, I got there, practically sprinted to the water, and found a pack of loud, VERY enthusiastic teenagers who had evidently claimed the entire pool for their water-polo match. Cue immediate internal meltdown. I wanted to shout, "I booked *luxury*! Not *water fight madness*!" But instead, I did the mature thing and retreated to the sun lounger with a glass of Prosecco and a very passive-aggressive glare. Point is, sometimes you might have to share your Insta-perfect moments. Just bring earplugs. And maybe a stiff drink.

Note to self: next time, pack a *bigger* inflatable flamingo. Just in case.

Cortona itself – is it as charming as the pictures suggest? Because travel photos are notorious liars…

Cortona. Oh. My. God. Okay, yes. It's as charming as the pictures. Actually, it's *more* charming. Think cobbled streets, little shops selling leather goods and pottery, and restaurants that smell of garlic and sunshine. It’s the kind of place where you *expect* an elderly Italian gentleman to serenade you with an accordion. I mean, it didn’t happen to *me*, but it felt like it *should* have, right?

The climb up to the town square is… well, it's a climb. My calves were screaming after the first day. I'm pretty sure I saw a woman in stilettos attempting it. I’m still baffled. But the views from the top? Worth every single agonising step. Seriously, I think my blood pressure *lowered* just looking at at the landscape. And the food… oh, the food. Pasta, pizza, gelato, and more pasta. (It's a carb-lover's paradise, folks.) Be prepared to gain a few pounds. Embrace it. You’re in Italy! Worth it. (I'm still trying to work off the tiramisu.)

What are the downsides? Because no place is perfect (sadly). Spill the tea!

Right, honesty time. Downsides. Let's be real. First, the drive *to* the villa. The roads are… well, let's just say they're an adventure. Think narrow, winding, and sometimes a bit, shall we say, *unpaved*. My rental car (bless its cotton socks) was *not* designed for the Tuscan wilderness. I swear I saw a wild boar give me the side-eye at one point. Took me about an hour to arrive to the property due to my being bad with directions (or, rather, the lack of decent road signs).

Bugs. They're there. They are. Especially at night. Mosquitoes, in particular. Bring plenty of repellent. You *will* get bitten. Trust me on this one. (I'm still scratching.) And honestly, the internet wasn’t the greatest. Pretty much a no-go for video calls without the occasional dropout. But hey, being slightly disconnected isn’t necessarily a *bad* thing, right? Forces you to *actually* relax! Plus, the slightly rustic charm is part of the appeal, I suppose. (I say this now, but if I have to go back to the office, I’m seriously investing in a satellite dish.)

Is it romantic? (Asking for… well, you know…)

Oh, yes. *Undeniably* romantic. Even if you're traveling solo, like I was. (Hey, I love my own company!) The sunsets over the Tuscan hills are breathtaking. The scent of lavender fills the air. The sound of cicadas chirping... okay, *sometimes* that got a little annoying after the thirtieth one, but still… romantic.

Picture this: a bottle of Chianti, a plate of pasta (homemade!), and a sky full of stars. (And, if you’re lucky, no water-polo teenagers.) Even the slightly wonky door handle seemed to whisper sweet nothings. The villa had a certain… *je ne sais quoi* that just oozed romance. It also made me want to write a novel. I didn’t, because I was too busy eating. But the thought was there! It's the kind of place that inspires you to fall in love… with life, with yourself, and maybe even with a particularly delicious slice of pizza.

Would you go back? (And be honest!)

God, yes. Absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, *book me again yesterday*. Despite the slightly dodgy roads, the bugs, the (occasional) teenage water-polo championships, and the wonky door handle. The food, the views, the *feeling*Find That Hotel

Belvilla by OYO Villa i Cocciai Cortona Italy

Belvilla by OYO Villa i Cocciai Cortona Italy

Belvilla by OYO Villa i Cocciai Cortona Italy

Belvilla by OYO Villa i Cocciai Cortona Italy