Escape to Paradise: Heated Pool Villa in Neoric, Split, Croatia!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into my escapade at Escape to Paradise: Heated Pool Villa in Neorić, Split, Croatia. Prepare for a ride that's less "polished travel brochure" and more "drunken diary entry after a truly phenomenal sunset."
SEO & Metadata: (Let's get this out of the way, because, ugh, gotta play the game!)
- Keywords: Croatia, Split, Neoric, Villa, Pool Villa, Heated Pool, Accessible, Spa, Sauna, Massage, Restaurant, Wi-Fi, Family-friendly, Luxury, Vacation, Holiday, Travel Review, Adriatic Sea, Dalmatia, Wheelchair Accessible, [And a whole bunch more related terms to capture those stragglers!]
Accessibility: The Good, the Bad, and the "Hmm…"
First, the disclaimer: My experience isn't directly from the perspective of someone using a wheelchair. However, the brochure touted "Facilities for Disabled Guests," and I figured I'd give it a once-over. The villa itself? Stunning. But the nitty-gritty? Well, let's just say it's not perfect. The website implies accessibility on-site. I'd flag them as "confirm before booking" if you have specific accessibility needs.
On-Site Eats & Drinks: Where the Calories (and Cocktails) Flow
Okay, let's talk food. Because, let's be honest, that's half the vacation, right?
The Restaurants: They had a few options. The "Poolside Bar" was a winner, mostly because after a few hours of swimming, sunning, and pretending I was a goddess (thank you, pool with a view!), I needed a solid Aperol Spritz. But…the main "restaurant" felt a bit…generic. The menus offered an 'International cuisine' with a heavy emphasis on 'safe' options. I ordered a 'salad' that was bland, but I also tried 'Asian' themed options, which was strange to see and a bit disappointing. The 'Western breakfast' was decent if you want a familiar start.
24-Hour Room Service: Yes, please! This is crucial. Because let's face it, sometimes you just want a late-night snack in your bathrobe. Plus, the 'Alternative meal arrangement' was useful if the main menu didn't quite hit the spot.
The Bar: The 'Happy Hour'? A MUST. They really did know how to mix a decent cocktail, and the view? Unbeatable.
Things To Do: Relaxation, Croatian Style (and Maybe a Bit of Panic)
This is where the villa really shines.
The Pool: HEATED! Oh, the bliss. Lounging poolside watching the world go by…pure magic. The pool with a view was perfect. I actually spent a good chunk of my vacation just in it.
Spa Sensations: The Spa was a serious draw! The sauna was fantastic, sweating out all the tensions from my daily grind. The massage? I booked a sixty-minute one the first afternoon—and it was SO GOOD. I actually considered booking another one immediately, which I never do. There’s also a steamroom!
- My Big Mistake: I didn’t factor in that I'm the kind of person who gets claustrophobic in saunas. It hit me about ten minutes in and I was a bit panicky until I could run to the outdoor pool.
Fitness Center: I intended to use the Gym/fitness, I swear! But then the pool and the Aperol Spritz conquered all. Maybe next time.
Cleanliness & Safety: Keeping the Germs at Bay (and My Sanity in Check)
Okay, COVID-era travel is a whole thing. This villa did a reasonable job (and I say this as someone who has a mild phobia of germs).
The Essentials: Hand sanitizer everywhere, daily disinfection. Staff were masked, and they were pretty good about keeping their distance.
Room Sanitization: They did seem to make a serious effort to sanitize the rooms between stays. I mean, I'd still wipe everything down myself (old habits die hard), but I felt relatively safe.
Food Safety: The 'Safe dining setup' was solid and the 'Sanitized kitchen and tableware items' were a plus.
Dining, Drinking, & Snacking: Eat, Drink, and Be Merry! (Or, at Least, Be Fed)
I've already waxed poetic about the drinks, but let's dive into the specific culinary experiences:
Breakfast: They offered both a Breakfast [buffet] and room service Breakfast in room. However, I really wanted a take-out option. It's there, in the listing, but it wasn't available.
Asian restaurant: The menu was odd, but the bar was a great option. The other food choices were fine.
Services & Conveniences: The Perks That Make Life Easier (and More Luxurious)
The Air Conditioning: A lifesaver. Absolutely essential.
Daily Housekeeping: Loved it. Coming back to a tidied-up room is pure luxury.
Business Perks: The business facilities were pretty good, with everything you need if you must sneak in work. The Wi-Fi for special events would be great too.
Concierge: Super helpful. They handled all the logistics.
For the Kids: Family Friendly (ish)
- Okay, I didn't have kids with me, but I saw a few families around, and the set up seemed friendly enough. The babysitting service would be helpful.
Rooms: Where the Magic Happens (and the Sleep is Glorious!)
Free Wi-Fi in All Rooms!: Amen.
The Bed: Heaven. Seriously. The extra-long bed was a dream.
Blackout Curtains: Crucial for sleeping in after a late night.
The Bathrooms: The separate shower/bathtub was an excellent touch.
The View (Again): The window that opens gave me that sweet Adriatic breeze.
My Favorite Feature: The Bathrobes! Nothing like wrapping yourself in luxury after a day of swimming.
Getting Around: Navigating the Croatian Coast
Airport Transfer: They arranged a smooth, reliable transport to and from the airport.
Car Park [free of charge]: If you're renting a car, this removes a major headache.
Overall Impression: Would I Go Back?
Absolutely. I might need therapy after the sauna incident, but the overall experience was incredibly relaxing and enjoyable. The staff was friendly, the amenities were plentiful, and the scenery? Unforgettable. I rate it as a solid four out of five stars. Escape to Paradise: Heated Pool Villa in Neorić, Split, Croatia is ideal for people craving a luxurious and relaxing getaway.
Final Thoughts: Don't overthink it. Just book it. And pack your swimsuit, your sense of adventure, and your appetite for Aperol Spritzes. You won’t regret it. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to start planning my return trip…
Escape to Paradise: Stunning Holiday Home near Mookerplas!Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's perfectly ironed itinerary. We're talking Neoric, Croatia, holiday home with a heated pool. And trust me, this is going to be a trip – in every sense of the word.
Subject: Croatia Chaos: Neoric, Sun, and (Probably) Sunburns - Official Unofficial Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival & Existential Dread (aka Grocery Shopping)
- 10:00 AM: Arrive at Split Airport. Try not to freak out that the rental car is a Fiat 500. (Seriously, how do you even fit luggage in those things?!) Hoping the drive to Neoric isn't too crazy - Google Maps says 45 mins, but google never accounts for the Croatian drivers I've heard so much about!
- 11:00 AM: Navigate said Fiat 500 (Praying to St. Christopher for guidance) to Neoric. The scenery better be worth it because I'm already sweating.
- 12:00 PM: Arrive at the stunning holiday home. Honestly, the pictures online were way more flattering. It's… cute? Okay, it's fine. The pool does look amazing, though. Immediately check pool temperature - because priorities.
- 1:00 PM: Unpack. Realize I forgot the damn adapter for my phone charger. Cue mini-meltdown. Resort to charging phone in the rental car.
- 2:00 PM: Grocery shopping in a Croatian supermarket. Prepare for a linguistic adventure. Remember NO bread on the first day, as it's a cultural thing and you'll waste it. Find a good local bakery. Hopefully.
- 3:00 PM: Attempt to cook something resembling food. Probably burn it. Curse the lack of a decent kitchen knife. (Note to self: Pack a freakin' knife next time!)
- 5:00 PM: Pool time! YES! Heated pool bliss. Sink into the water and attempt to forget all the worries of the world. Fail miserably. Stare at the gorgeous mountains, question life choices, and then decide everything is okay because, well, heated pool.
- 7:00 PM: Sunset cocktails. Watch the sun bleed into the Adriatic. Feel a vague sense of contentment. Probably spill something. Definitely order another drink.
- 8:00 PM: Dinner. Probably pizza (because I'm tired and can't cook). Vow to try some actual Croatian food tomorrow. Go to bed. Actually make that fall asleep on the sofa.
Day 2: Exploring Split, Maybe Get Lost, Definitely Get Ice Cream
- 9:00 AM: Wake up. Sunburn already. Curse the lack of sunscreen application yesterday. Coffee is a must.
- 10:00 AM: Drive to Split. Try not to get sideswiped by a scooter. Attempt to find parking. Fail spectacularly. Parking, I fear you.
- 11:00 AM: Wander around Diocletian's Palace in Split. So much history! So many crowds! Get slightly overwhelmed. Take a ridiculous amount of photos. Feel like a proper tourist. Think about just buying a postcard.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch in Split. Something seafood-y, hopefully. Probably get ripped off. But hey, the view will be worth it, right?
- 2:00 PM: Get gloriously hopelessly lost in the tiny, winding streets of Split. Embrace it. Discover a hidden gem of a cafe. Buy the most expensive coffee of my life. But it's also the best coffee I've ever had, and take this moment for myself.
- 3:00 PM: Ice cream. Must. Have. Ice cream. Every. Single. Day. Find the best ice cream place in Split. Order all the flavours. Don't care if I get brain freeze.
- 4:00 PM: Attempt to shop. Bargain with a vendor. Fail miserably. Overpay for some souvenirs. It's okay, you wanted the thing, you wanted the memory.
- 5:00 PM: Drive back to Neoric. Contemplate whether I should have bought more ice cream. Vow to get some tomorrow.
- 6:00 PM: Pool time. Redo the sunscreen. This time with actual concentration.
- 7:00 PM: Attempt to cook a proper Croatian meal. Consult YouTube for recipes. Set off the smoke alarm (again).
- 8:00 PM: Dinner. Eat whatever isn't burnt. Drink more wine. Contemplate the meaning of life. Decide the answer is more wine.
Day 3: Deep Dive into a Day of Pure Bliss
- 9:00 AM: Wake up and the alarm clock of the neighbor cat. I'll call him/her "Smidge" for now.
- 9:30 AM: Coffee. And lots of it.
- 10:00 AM: Pool time becomes an art form. Float on a giant inflatable flamingo (because, why not?) and simply be. Actually relax. For the first time in… well, a long time.
- 12:00 PM: Drive to a nearby market. Stock up on fresh produce. Find a stand selling local cheese. Buy all the cheese. Seriously, all of it.
- 1:00 PM: Picnic by the waterfalls. Pack a basket, and find a waterfall - not sure which one yet, but I'll find it.
- 3:00 PM: Back to the villa. Read a book. Listen to the sound of the wind. Not a worry in the world.
- 5:00 PM: Pool time, again! This time with a cocktail. Watch the sun set and realize, hey, this is pretty damn good.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. Grill some of that amazing fresh fish I bought yesterday. Attempt Croatian Grill Master status. Succeed-ish.
- 8:00 PM: Stargazing. The lack of light pollution is incredible. Count shooting stars. Make wishes. Wish for more days like today.
Day 4: (The Day it all went wrong)
- 9:00 AM: It's raining.. I hate rain. I hate all things that are wet.
- 10:00 AM: The sun came out, the heat came back.
- 11:00 AM: Time to go out and explore.
- 12:00 PM: I will tell you I went hiking, but I didn't, I got lost in fields and lost my way.
- 1:00 PM: Some friendly locals helped to direct me home.
- 2:00 PM: The pool, it's the only thing that saved the day.
- 3:00 PM: Eat some food and watch a movie.
Day 5: Farewell… For Now (and a Plea for More Coffee)
- 9:00 AM: Last swim in the pool (sniff). Try not to cry. Fail.
- 10:00 AM: Pack. Struggle with the Fiat 500's luggage capacity (again). Curse the lack of space.
- 11:00 AM: Last frantic grocery run for snacks. Buy more coffee. So much coffee.
- 12:00 PM: Drive to Split Airport. Say a silent prayer that the car survives the journey.
- 1:00 PM: Return the car. Success! Didn't crash. Didn't get towed. Feel like a champion.
- 3:00 PM: Board plane. Reflect on the Croatian chaos. Realize it was perfect.
- On the Plane: Begin planning the return trip. And start saving for a bigger car. And more sunscreen. And maybe a better kitchen knife. And definitely, definitely, more coffee.
P.S. This itinerary is a suggestion, more or less. Feel free to completely ignore it. Get lost. Embrace the chaos. Drink the wine. And for the love of all that is holy, don't forget the sunscreen! Enjoy! (Or at least, survive!)
Venice Dream Apartment: Belvilla N27 - Unforgettable Stay!Escape to Paradise: Heated Pool Villa in Neorić, Split, Croatia - The Unfiltered FAQs
Okay, spill it: Is this *really* paradise, or just another Instagram-filtered lie?
Alright, let's be real. Paradise? Depends on your definition. I went in *expecting* pure, unadulterated bliss. And... it got *close*. It's definitely not the Insta-perfect glossy fantasy. Think more... *rustic charm* mixed with "Oh crap, I forgot bug spray!" The photos? Yeah, they're good. But they don't quite capture the feeling of stumbling out of bed at 7 am, bleary-eyed, and nearly tripping over a rogue sun lounger before your first coffee. Which, thankfully, you can make with the fully equipped kitchen (minus the perfect espresso machine, I'll admit I missed that).
The pool *is* heated and gorgeous. Let's just say that, after a few hours of exploring Dalmatia, jumping into that warm water felt like my soul was being gently caressed. But the reality is, there were a few leaves in it. And one lonely bug. I swear I spent a good fifteen minutes trying to rescue it with a tiny net, a small victory in the grand battle against nature.
Still, for me? Yeah, it was pretty darn close to paradise. Just with a few more imperfections than the photos let on. And a serious need to re-learn my bug-hunting skills.
The villa: Did it actually *look* like the pictures? And was it... clean? (This is my biggest fear.)
Okay, cleanliness. The ultimate question. I’m a bit of a neat freak (*ahem*), so this was a massive concern. And honestly? It was *mostly* good. Definitely better than some places I’ve stayed. The kitchen gleamed (and survived my culinary adventures!). The bedrooms? Crisp sheets, comfy vibes.
The living room? Well, let's just say the couch had a certain… *lived-in* quality. Like, you could tell it had witnessed some serious relaxation. Which, honestly, I appreciated. Cleanliness is important, but a little bit of character is essential. The bathrooms were spotless though, the most important thing, and I did a happy dance when I found fluffy towels, even though they had that slightly-Croatian-laundry-soap scent, the kind I love.
Look, it's not a sterile hospital environment. It’s a villa in the Croatian countryside. Expect a little bit of dust, the occasional rogue spider (they're unavoidable, accept it!), and the general feeling that you've stepped into a place designed to be *lived* in, rather than just observed. And, thankfully, they did a great job of cleaning before we arrived!
The Pool: Is it *really* as good as it looks? (And how heated is "heated"?)
The pool, oh the pool! This is where things get... *complicated*. It *is* heated. And it *is* lovely. But "heated" is a subjective term, right? Don't expect a boiling hot tub. Think more like a pleasantly warm bath on a sunny day. Perfect for lingering in for hours, especially after a day of exploring in the sun!
What wasn't perfect? The time I tried to do a graceful swan dive and ended up swallowing half the pool. Let’s just say my graceful dive was more like a belly flop. *Mortifying*. The water tasted of chlorine and minor defeat. My dignity? Briefly lost. My mood? Still good, though. It took a few hours for the red mark to fade, but I still went swimming the next day!
Then there was the time the kids next door decided to get their beach balls in *my* pool. Luckily, the friendly owner quickly sorted that out (and maybe I had a little rant about it, which I felt guilty about later!).
The pool is wonderful. It's the focal point of the whole experience. You will spend hours in it. Just... learn to dive properly before you go.
Location, Location, Location… Is it actually *in* Neorić, and is it convenient for hitting the beach, Split, etc.?
Neorić? Yes, it’s *in* Neorić. Which, if you're like me, means you said "Where?" when you first booked. It's a charming, sleepy little village. Think rolling hills, olive groves, and the kind of peace and quiet you've probably been craving since your last stressful Zoom meeting. You *will* need a car. Do not attempt to walk anywhere significant, especially if you're like me and consistently underestimate travel times.
Getting to Split is easy, a scenic drive of perhaps 40 minutes (depending on traffic; which can sometimes be a real nightmare for drivers). Going to the beach? The closest beach is about 45 minutes away. It's doable. But it's not a "stroll down to the shore" kind of situation, so plan accordingly. The drive is gorgeous, down winding roads towards the coast.
The convenience factor? It depends. If you want to be in the thick of things, right next to the action, and walking distance to shops and restaurants, this isn't it. But if you want a base to explore the region, a peaceful retreat to retreat to, it's perfect. Just factor the travel time into your plans. And get comfortable with the Sat Nav (or Google Maps). You *will* get lost at least once. I did. It's part of the adventure!
The owner: Are they friendly? Helpful? Or are they actively trying to ruin my vacation by lurking in the bushes?
The owner? Lovely, honestly. Beyond lovely. They met us at the villa, gave us a tour, and were genuinely warm and welcoming. No lurking. No hidden cameras (that I know of!). They were super helpful, and gave us great local recommendations.
I had a minor issue with the Wi-Fi (because, let's be honest, I'm a millennial). Within an hour, it was fixed. They were happy to help! They also left us a welcome basket of local goodies. Which, let me tell you, is the best way to win me over ever. You never know what kind of problems you might encounter on a vacation. With this owner, I definitely felt safe and supported. This makes HUGE difference.
No bush-lurking, I promise. They're the kind of hosts who genuinely want you to have a great time. And that, my friends, is priceless.
Anything I should *definitely* pack? (Besides the obvious sunscreen and swimsuit)
Okay, beyond the swimwear and sunscreen (duh!), here’s my essential packing list:
- Bug spray: Seriously. The mosquitoes are relentless. Bring it, apply it, reapply it. 5 Star Stay FindHoliday home in Neoric with heated pool Split CroatiaHoliday home in Neoric with heated pool Split Croatia